Business Operations Manager
RingOn is a smart IoT ring that serves both as a panic button and a GPS tracker for children and adults. The ring—which is patented - is a wearable accessory and is always “on-hand.”
We’re on a mission to save children from predators and fight a larger social impact cause – child sex trafficking. This is your opportunity to be a part of the founding team of a game-changing startup!
The founder is a successful and accoladed serial entrepreneur, inventor, and fighter for social justice who drives creative thought and innovation. For our visionary leader and CEO of RingOn, the complementary role of the operations manager should be fulfilled by someone who thrives on putting systems and processes in place to bring order to the chaos - great taskmaster and manager, is good at holding people accountable, creating consistency, and integrating the leadership team.
In this role, you will help contribute through Program Management, Operational Cadence, Business Insights, and Communications. This role requires a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner and lead through influence. In this role, you’ll report directly to the CEO. Resumes will be considered if they have extensive experience with building tech startups from the ground up and managing multiple aspects of a business, preferably a consumer business. If you have such experience and expertise please email us according to the instructions below.
We hope to hire someone in Houston or Austin but if a rockstar applicant comes along, remote work is also an option. We'll be flexible with the right candidate.
• Identify and own key projects to drive operational efficiency.
• Drive and manage the OKR process for the CEO to track goals effectively (use metrics to facilitate alignment on key issues and opportunities).
• Define and lead rhythm of the startup à capture key insights and follow-up on actions accordingly: ensure work, people, and resources are aligned against highest priorities, and escalate as necessary to resolve misalignments.
• Drive key organizational initiatives, strategic projects, and process improvements.
• Liaise with cross-functional partners to facilitate support for organizational priorities, including sales, partnerships, and marketing.
Additional Responsibilities – Working Directly with the CEO on:
• Strategy - Analyze organizational effectiveness, understanding internal strengths, weaknesses, processes, workflows, and our best opportunities.
• New Business Initiatives - Develop business plans to support company growth, personnel development, incentive programs, and economic projections.
• At least 8 years experience in the consumer (B2C) industry.
• Minimum of 8-10 years experience in management, strategy, research, or operations.
• Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability to changing directives.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and determine actions needed. • Strong communication skills in writing, speaking and presenting at all levels.
• Ability to work across multiple functions - including Sales, Product, Communications, Finance, Marketing, Legal, HR, and Operations. • A self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end; you don’t ask for permission, you make it happen.
• Prior experience with C-level suite and/or management consulting (a plus).
• A Master’s degree is a plus (MBA/finance/supply chain).
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Visit our website: www.myringon.com
2. Watch this 3 minute pitch video where the CEO is explaining the innovation and sharing our mission.
3. Email to email@example.com - Subject of the email: Business Operations – Name Last Name – Where did you spot the job (FB, Handshake, Linkedin, word of mouth, etc.).
- In the email body answer the following questions:
o What are you passionate about?
o Why do you want to join RingOn?
o How many years have you worked in operations?
o What is your most important takeaway from your previous experience in operations?
o Are you a US citizen or a Green Card holder?
- Up to 3 paragraphs about yourself and why you think you’re the best fit for this opportunity.
- Attach your resume in Word or PDF format.
- If you’re an animal lover, attached a photo of your 4-legged friend. We love fur babies!
RingOn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.